Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Project Learning: Schools That Work

As we begin to shape our ideas about the future of WCS and technology integration, I feel it important to observe different types of schools. Members of our Technology Steering Comittee will be visiting The Nueva School & High Tech High next week. My gut tells me that we will see learning constructed in a similar fashion to the video below. In my opinion, the best "takeaway" from this video is the idea that Project Based Learning and 1-to-1 Computing go hand in hand... Neither should exist in a vacuum. Enjoy!

P.S. Check back to the blog for daily journal entries of our Tech Trip next week... I will do everything I can to upload pictures and possibly video of all that we see and do to extend the learning for all who couldn't be there!

Click Here to Learn more about Project Learning on Edutopia

Featured Strategy

Location
King Middle School and 
Casco Bay High School, 
Portland, Maine
Target Audience
Grades 6-12
Mission
To transform the learning process with technology-infused projects that benefit the community and promote high academic achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment